Carefully, I have been trying to plan a menu for Sunday Dinner and Kevin's Birthday. I wanted to buy the same type of cut of beef that mom used to cook. Went to our friendly local supermarket's butcher shop and looked in the meat case. I could not find the TIP ROAST that my mom always cooked, instead I settled for an *Top Round and an **Eye of the Round (two separate cuts). After much discussion with my brother Mike, and he was the one who told me our mom always bought the Tip Roast of which I had no clue, now here I am with two roasts. I'm thinking I will cook the Top of the Round as a medium well; and the Eye of the Round as rare. Hopefully that will cover the folks that don't like the cow to moo and the folks that don't like the cow to taste and look shoe leather (that would be me). That being said, the following is my menu:
* **Roast Beef
Homemade gravy
Mashed potatoes
Frozen peas
Creamed boiled onions
Salad
Assorted rolls and bread
Some lovely barbecue Ribs prepared and donated for the common cause by my brother Mike
Dessert:
Fresh Strawberry Pie with or without whipped cream
My Aunt Rita has offered to bring a much anticipated dessert as well.
I think it is important to add, that with the exception of one person, the people coming tomorrow are daughters, sons, daughter in law, cousins, aunt, brother, sister and spouses. Maybe in the future some one of the younger generation will keep this tradition alive.
Below is a work in progress of my family tree at Tribal Pages:


Can't wait..yummy!!
ReplyDelete